Friday, March 23, 2018

Discovery Gardens, Tavares, FL Sketch Outing

What a fun day we had yesterday at Discovery Gardens.  It was a bit chilly when we met up but sitting in the sun made it tolerable.

There were five of us and at first we walked around taking photos.  Then we finally settled in to do some sketching.

Normally our sketch outings are two hours but we were having such a great time, that it was near three hours when we took notice of how long we had been there.

The first two were sketched on site with color added later at home.




One of the gals was taking photos the same time I was and I happened to catch this pose her and I later laughed about.  She said I needed to sketch it........probably just being cute........and of course I had to oblige......lol.  I laughed throughout the sketching process.  So much so that I had trouble adding ink to it after the initial pencil sketch.  As I worked, I scanned and sent to my friend and we had such a fun laugh over this.

I finally managed to finish the sketch adding color.




This is from one of the photos taken while out as is the graphite sketch following.



All were worked in a small Beta sketchbook except the graphite sketch, which was worked in a Strathmore Visual WC sketchbook.

No comments: