Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Guy Fishing at Wekiva Island

This sketch was done in the Fabriano Venezia sketchbook.  This provided a good experience of what it will be like painting with watercolor.  I definitely have to adapt to the fact once color hits the paper, it's there to stay...........no moving around. 

The plus side..........I worked on the back side of a page already with painted illustrations and there were no ghost images when scanned.  I can use both front and back without worry.

I think dedicating this to pen and ink only (no pencil) will be good for me because I'm feeling really timid doing so.  You'd think after working Brenda Swenson's 75 Day Challenge completely twice and another time half way through plus two years with the Inktober Challenge, that I'd not be so uneasy going straight in with ink.........but I am.

The sketch is from one of my photos taken when our sketching group went to Wekiva Island for the yearly paint out.


No comments: