Saturday, January 19, 2019

Favorite Sketching Locations

As I sit thinking about where we'll schedule our outings next month, the desire to sketch a map hit me.  This shows several locations we enjoy going with my favorite spots marked in red. 

My favorite spots are normally along the water's edge.  I love the smell, the breeze, the hypnotic soothing ripples and sound as well as the vegetation and the wildlife.  For me, there's nothing more relaxing!

Those marked as my favorites:

Discovery Gardens Agricultural Center - this is one place not located on the water but is one of my favorites due to the variety of trees, plants, and flowers.  

Wooton Park - There's a children's water pad, playground, boat dock, train, and where seaplanes take off.  

Gilbert Park - Nice park area near a marina and where Mt. Dora lighthouse is located.  

Venetian Gardens - my #1 favorite spot.  Located along the edge of Lake Harris with various channels with walking bridges that adds a welcoming feel.  Close by is Roger's Park which is a really nice playground area for children.  

Sharpie pen in Fabriano Venezia sketchbook.


2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

Maps are a challenge.
This is a nice one.

Susan Bronsak said...

Great practice with positive and negative space/shapes........at least for me :-)