Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Loving My Fabric Fauxdori Traveler Journals

It's been months now since I made these journals and I'm loving them!!!  I have two active with one as a combination planner, art pages, and section with different papers (dot, graph, blank) for note taking.  The other is strictly for sketching, mixed with three different type papers - Strathmore 500 Imperial 140lb Cold Press, Stonehenge 90, and Stonehenge Aqua 140lb Cold Press.  In both I have pocket folders I made to carry smaller loose sketches (on scrap size paper), business cards, or loose notes.

I LOVE the freedom of removing pages when I want to sketch or paint flat.  Also makes it easier to scan.  Then there's the option and freedom of moving pages around in any order I might like.

I'm still undecided what I want to do with the finished pages.  Maybe down the road I might remove the sheets creating signatures and binding in a hand sewn hardbound book... or ... I might just keep making new fabric traveler journals and keep my full ones as I would any other type journal book.  The different patterns and colors of the covers look neat on shelves, along with the charms hanging.


No comments: