Monday, January 28, 2019

My Love for Blending

My top favorite medium is graphite and the main reason is the feel of it going down on paper and blending one can do with it.  I've yet to find a color pencil type medium that blends as smoothly as graphite does.

The closest thing I've found that mimics graphite blending is using a digital drawing app like Procreate.  The only thing it cannot mimic is the feel of pencil lead to paper; however, I do like the feel of the Apple pencil moving across the screen when blending.

In Pokemon, one of the creatures I love is Tangela because of the ball of intertwining vine.  I thought this would be a great subject to practice some color blending.

Each main color and darker value of main colors is on a different layer, blending each as I work.  I find this very relaxing.

No comments: