Monday, January 28, 2019

My Evening Lap Board While Sketching

Miya, our yorkie-poo, has not had a good day.  With it raining, she waits or expects booms from thunder she has come to expect living here in Florida.  I think the daily storms during the summer have made her even more fearful than she used to be.  Before we moved here, she never reacted to just rain or wind but that has all changed now.  She shakes and becomes extremely clingy and when we do have several hours of stormy weather, we have to give her a mild sedative.  Today, even with a steady light rain all day, she's been nervous and if she's not in with Terry wanting attention and reassurance, she's in my lap in the living room. 

Tonight while Terry sleeps, I'm sitting watching NCIS LA until it's over at 3 a.m.  And while watching (or better stated......listening) to TV, I'm sketching with Miya in my lap.  She had no problem allowing me to use her body as a lapboard.......to include when I added watercolor to the sketch.

Sketch worked in little spiral journal I made with three of my favorite papers.  This is on Stonehenge 90 using a Lamy Safari with De Atramentis Document Brown ink.




2 comments:

LannieK said...

Poor little Miya, glad she has your lap. Nice sketching - hope you get some sleep :-)

Susan Bronsak said...

We did and thank you :-)