Monday, January 7, 2019

Rogers Park, Leesburg, FL

When we were out last Saturday at Venetian Gardens, I walked around a bit taking photos.  Across from where we were parked (along Venetian Park Drive), sits this newly reconstructed playground area at Rogers Park.  There's a splash pad, playground area with various structures for children to climb, as well as a covered building one can rent for events.

What grabbed my attention from where I was standing were the greens and angular shapes.  Keeping my sketch simple, I only concentrated on capturing the main angular shapes rather than including all the clutter around and under the canopies and climbing structures. 

Behind this area are oak trees providing lots of shade.  I chose to leave the background out as I didn't want the green of the trees (or the brown/gray of trunks and limbs) to take away or clash with the angular green structures.  Instead I decided to add notes to fill in some of the white space using Urban Grey ink which is more subtle than Lexy Grey or Black ink.

The greens I used are all from Daniel Smith while the other colors are QoR watercolors.


No comments: