Monday, January 21, 2019

Old Time Keys and Memories

One of my friends recently sketched her keys and last night I took these out to sit and sketch.  As I was working on this, memories came flooding back of my grandmother, who we called "Nanny".  She lived in an old HUGE house in downtown Mannington, WV we absolutely loved.  The house is well maintained and still looks great today.

It was a three story with owners living on the bottom main floor and my grandmother rented the second and third floor (attic level).  She lived there for many many years until her and my mother bought a house here in Florida.

For years Nanny only rented the middle level but her not liking neighbors over her, when it became available, she rented the top level even though she seldom was up there except to dust and vacuum.  It was where I would stay when visiting her.  A perfect apartment for one.

Anyways, the house in West Virginia had doors inside that took this type of key and I had always thought how cool these keys were!



2 comments:

Giddings Art said...

I also love old keys! What a great sketch and wonderful memories!

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you, Giddings Art :-)