Wednesday, January 30, 2019

One of My Pen Cases

This is the original pen case I purchased either last year or the year before.  This past Christmas, my sons gave me another one that has an extra compartment.  That one I haven't set up yet but definitely plan to.

Today is not rainy but it IS cloudy and quite chilly outside.  Terry's working and I'm sketching off and on listening to TV. 

Worked in Fabric Traveler Journal on Strathmore 500 Imperial WC paper.  Main pen used was the Lamy AlStar with Lexy Grey ink but then after painting I went back over the lines with my Lamy Safari with Urban Grey.

I actually thought to scan along the way for a change.




I sat for awhile trying to decide how I wanted to work the book the pen case is standing on.  The journal book is a solid black and although I could have painted it any color, I was trying to capture true to life including colors.  That being the case, I didn't want a large area of black so decided not to paint it at all.  Instead I worked the little color swatches for later reference.


2 comments:

lee kline said...

You are a work monster!

Susan Bronsak said...

It does seem like I'm on a roll right now, doesn't? Ha ha....but I know me and I'm sure I'll hit a lull before too long.