Friday, January 25, 2019

When You Want to Remember a Word

I have heard this word in conversations and seen it written but really didn't know it's meaning, how to pronounce or remember how to spell it.  I had an idea of what it meant but tonight I decided to look it up and as a means to help me remember, I created this bit of word art.

The style is inspired by the book, "The Art of Drawing Dangles" by Olivia A. Kneibler. 

For those who might not have seen previous posts, F.A.S.T. is the abbreviation of our sketching group here where I live.  It stands for Fetch a Sketch Trekkers.......a name my husband came up with last year when we decided to rename our group.

The word, camaraderie, definitely fits our close knit group :-)




2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

Thanks for reminding me of a lovely word.
Yup that describes the group well.
The dictionary says "mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together."
There is a sort of "trust" involved, isn't there?
We know that no one will criticize us or laugh at us (well they might laugh a little) and if they do we all laugh together. And I remember the "dangles". Haven't thought of them in awhile.
I love banners. I am glad you are teaching banners at the next event.
I always forget about them.

Susan Bronsak said...

So true!!!

I've been having fun practicing banners and ribbons now that I've found a way for myself to easily create them.

I don't normally think about using them either but nice when wanting to get a little creative in sketch presentation. Note boxes is another thing. There are so many different things people can do to dress up their pages.