Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Three of My Fountain Pens


After sketching the trolley dolly, I decided to sketch three of my fountain pens I've been using lately.  These are by no means all of the pens I use as I bounce around like I do with journals.

Worked in the Fabric Traveler Journal on Strathmore 500 Imperial.  Sketched with the TWSBI and Urban Gray and lettering using the Lamy AlStar and Lexy Grey ink.

The more I work between the three papers I loaded in my journal, I'm leaning towards the Strathmore being my #1 favorite paper.  It's very forgiving and I just like how one can blend on it.  Stonehenge Aqua comes in second and then Stonehenge 90.  Each has its attributes and I can use all three the way I like to work with a few adjustments in application of watercolor.

And here lately, I've been using a Silver Black Velvet #6 round.  I love how they maintain a nice sharp point.   


No comments: