Thursday, January 10, 2019

Pelican Sketch for Travis

This is a sketch I finished for my youngest son who took the photo thinking of me and loving birds. 

Travis and Terry (husband) had gone on their second charter fishing trip at Crystal River early December and while out came across this Pelican.  He sent this along with other photos while out. 

Although I started this last month with an initial light pencil sketch, I'm only now getting around to finishing it.

One thing I love about my family is the fact they always think of me and subjects I might be interested in........taking photos I might wish to sketch.  And when found, my husband will bring actual found treasures for me to sketch like flowers, seed pods, etc. he might find when walking Miya in our neighborhood.

This guy looks as if he were posing for Travis :-)


Wolf's Carbon pencil - B in the Fabriano Venezia sketchbook.

No comments: