Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Today's Sketchcrawl - Roosters On Oxford

Not too long ago, a new business had a grand opening that one of my sketching friends told me about and went to.  She told me that it would be a great place to sketch and the owner welcomed us any time. 

The place is a house converted to a coffee shop and vintage furnishing shop.  They sell organic coffee as well as baked goods.  Inside is beautifully set up with various antiques with tables and places to sit throughout the establishment.  Outside is a large covered porch also set up for people to sit and have coffee.

The owner and all who work there are artists and you can tell by the menu and advertisements in chalkboard art as well as murals on the walls.  Under one table is a painting of a carpet which we thought was really neat!!!  Wish I had thought to take a picture of that but we'll be back so I can do so then.




We had a great turn out with eight of us there plus a hubby who came with his wife. 

I didn't personally get any sketching done on location but came home and this evening sketched a couple of items I saw there (and took pictures of) in graphite using the Wolf's Carbon pencil B in the Fabriano Venezia sketchbook.


2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

Love the little sketches.
Sometimes I need to look small and not so big.
See you Tuesday I hope.

Susan Bronsak said...

I don't feel as intimidated by a blank page when I sketch on a smaller scale.......although I think my eyes might appreciate me going larger.......ha ha.