Saturday, January 12, 2019

Trying A Different Brown (Watercolor)

A very dear friend told me about one of the watercolor browns she uses called Sepia Extra Warm.  The brand is Old Holland, which I've never used before.

I purchased a tube and tonight decided to give it a test run.

The subject is a pine cone I kept from a bouquet of flowers Terry bought around Christmas.

I've been wanting to sketch this pine cone for the last couple of weeks but each time I grabbed it, I talked myself out of it.  I have to be in the right frame of mind with subjects like this as I tend to get lost in the detail losing track of where I'm at and where I need to go.  I finally found myself confident enough to give it a try tonight. 

Worked on Stonehenge 90 lb paper using Lamy Safari with Document Brown ink.

No comments: